Disclaimer: Review copy provided by author for review
Let me just say a very unfortunate thing: the Elements of Power is unfortunately one of those many – and I really do mean many series that don't make the very greatest impression in my mind.
But of course, Water has a pretty cover and it has its good moments as well. And it was definitely better than its prequel, Fire.
- We get a view of the other realms (Brizan and Sephan) as well, aside from the Helian (the majority of where Fire took place) and Arcan realms. :D
- We also get a view on Brizan powers, along with Jasmine's – well, Jasmine's definitely made some changes/maturity here, along with Brae.
- O_o I did not get a jaw-dropping surprise about ¾ of the way through. But I did.
- Queen Aurelia doesn't sound very... queenly. Despite the fact that she seems pretty young, there are just times where I feel like a teenager just got chosen as queen. And I don't really mean 18 or 19... I mean around 14 or 15.
- After a certain act of Tristan's, he just seemed... less complex and more predictable. And a bit flat. But I wouldn't worry – no hope is lost for him. Yet.
- Well, I don't think any characters deserves a facepalming this time... aside from Roxy. I kind of thought she would be less lovesick and I kind of like Roxy 1.0 better than Roxy 2.0. Hopefully Roxy 3.0 (if there will be) will be better?
Rating: 3.5 out of 5 Owls