Buy Link: Amazon
Remember The Second Chance Institute (SCI). Earth’s benevolent non-profit by day, Thera’s totalitarian regime by night. They’ve stepped up their game on Earth and on Thera—infiltrating political parties, preying on the downtrodden, and planning offensive maneuvers. The SCI’s abuse of their charter leads to Arbiter oversight and bitter consequences.
Remember Kira Donovan. Broken, burdened, and evading those who wish her harm, Kira enlists the Arbiters’ help when forced to return to the clutches of the SCI and her angry, estranged love.
Remember Blake Sundry. Exiled, determined, and packing an agenda, Blake seeks assistance on Earth and Thera to use his newfound knowledge to bring down the SCI.
Remember Ethan Darcton. Overworked, emotional, and holding a grudge, Ethan hunts down his stolen property, but finds himself in awkward territory, stuck between the Arbiters and the SCI.
Full of action, competing agendas, romantic entanglements, humor, twists and turns, arbitrate is Megan Thomason’s third installment in the award-winning daynight series after daynight and clean slate complex (a daynight story).
"There are a lot of books I finish and feel happy, this one I finished and my head is swirling, in a totally awesome way! Not only does it have a great story with characters that you like (and some you just hate as they are the enemy) but the book also gets you thinking, thinking about the implication of effects of different actions and courses in life. This story has action, fighting, plots and plans, romance, love triangles, family, betrayal - has it all." – Emily Barton, Emmy Mom One Day at a Time blog, 5 stars
"You have hit this one out of the park." – ARC Reviewer
"For the record, I LOVED Kira's choice!! And the whole thing just blew me away! Very, very well done!! Now when can I get my hands on generate?! Can't wait " – ARC Reviewer
"Read my ARC of Arbitrate and consider my mind blown! I started it the minute it was sent and couldn't put it down." – ARC Reviewer
Arranged by Megan Thomason
Arranged by Megan Thomason
My kids did not enjoy this assignment as much as I did. For two weeks, I “auditioned” songs in my car as I drove them around. If a song didn’t fit, I would skip to the next one. Most songs didn’t fit :). At stoplights, I’d type in names of ones that might work into my phone and look up the lyrics later to confirm.
Note that all these songs are not the ones I listened to while writing but songs that I feel represent the plot of arbitrate as best as possible. While writing arbitrate, I listened to a lot of Imagine Dragons, Fun., Bastille, Of Monsters and Men, Fall Out Boy, blink-182, My Chemical Romance, Two Door Cinema Club, and dozens of other fabulous bands.
Sorry about that, Ms. Thomason! Dx
- Trust by Neon Trees
- I Feel So by Box Car Racer
- Flaws by Bastille
- Killer by The Ready Set
- It’s Time by Imagine Dragons
- Monster by Imagine Dragons
- Night of the Hunter by Thirty Seconds to Mars
- Trapped by Jimmy Cliff or Trapped Again by Johnny Southside
- Demons by Imagine Dragons
- Do Me Right by The All American Rejects
- Some Nights by Fun.
- All You Did Was Save My Life by Our Lady Peace
- Team By Lorde
- Bleed (I Must Be Dreaming) by Evanescence
- Everybody Learns from Disaster by Dashboard Confessional
- Walls by All Time Low
- Planetary Go by My Chemical Romance
- Heaven Help Us by My Chemical Romance
- These Streets by Bastille
- I’d Rather Make Mistakes Than Nothing At All by Mayday Parade
- Ho Hey by The Lumineers
- Even Now by Dashboard Confessional
- Sun by Two Door Cinema Club
- Lover’s Eyes by Mumford & Sons
- Bleeding Out by Imagine Dragons
- I Don’t Care by Fallout Boy
- Irrational Anthem by Plain White T’s
- Without the Bitter The Sweet Isn’t As Sweet by Mayday Parade
- I Will Follow You Into The Dark by Death Cab for Cutie
- The Adventure by Angels and Airwaves
- Oh Well, Oh Well by Mayday Parade
- Changing of the Seasons by Two Door Cinema Club
Author BioBestselling, award-winning author Megan Thomason lives in paradise aka San Diego, CA with her husband and five children. A former software manager, Megan vastly prefers writing twisted tales to business, product, and marketing plans. When she isn't typing away on her laptop, she's reading books on her phone--over 600 in the last year--or attending to the needs of her family. Megan's fluent in sarcasm, could potentially benefit from a 12-step program for road rage, struggles with a Hot Tamales addiction, loves world travel & fast cars and hates paperwork & being an insomniac.
- $25 Amazon Gift Card or Paypal Cash
- Ends November 24, 2013
a Rafflecopter giveaway