Oh wait. It's not exactly Christmas. But whatever. Merry Early Christmas – if that phrase actually exists – and Happy Saturday! Author Pete Prown is dropping by the blog today with an excerpt (and a giveaway!) from the first book in his Chronicles of Dorro mystery series (it's YA), Thimble Down.
Thimble Down, by Pete Prown, is a fantasy adventure novel, written to challenge and engage young adults ages 10 to 18. The book is recommended for readers who enjoy The Hobbit, Lord of the Rings, The Wind in the Willows, Redwall, Artemis Fowl, and other timeless tales set in landscapes and cultures that bring to mind England, Ireland, Scotland, and the British Isles.
Thimble Down is a country village where death and malice lurk the quiet lanes. When the vile, drunken Bing Rumple acquires a gem-laden treasure, violence begins to follow him everywhere. Where did Bing find such a precious jewel, and worse, is someone willing to kill to possess it? In this fast-paced adventure, the village bookmaster, Mr. Dorro, and his young companions Wyll Underfoot and Cheeryup Tunbridge are in a desperate race to find the answer—before death comes to Thimble Down.
Thimble Down is the first book in the “Chronicles of Dorro” young adult mystery series, which follows Dorro, Wyll, and Cheeryup, on their exciting, but dangerous, mystery adventures.
Excerpt: (psst! You might want to read it completely and thoroughly... it'll help you later on in the post!)
- Kindle eBook of Thimble Down (INT) – sponsored by Book Publicity Services
Don't forget to comment the preferred email for the book to be gifted to in case you win! No email, no entry, because I can't hunt you down (unless I actually know you in real life, but what's the chance of that happening?). I'm not being harsh there.
IF you want to change your answer to one of your questions, you are welcome to comment again. Just be sure to mention which answer you're changing. :)
- Free entry for stopping by and answering the questions! Have a great Christmas and may the elves be ever in your favor! :)
- A youngling asks Bing Rumple this question: How do you kill a ferocious goblin? Name one of his answers.
- If you get too close to a ferocious goblin, what does Bing say will happen?
- What has Bing never been before, and does he enjoy the attention he's getting?
- What do goblins hate?
- Name the chieftain of the elves at the battle.
- In the story Bing's telling to Tom Talbo, what happens to the goblins that weren't killed right away with boulders and stones?
- At the end of his story, what did some of the Halflings thought of Bing?
- What do you think will happen next? (Prediction. This is pretty open-ended, but as long as it's logical enough, - as in, not "ducks will come over and destroy the world!" - it's basically a freebie)