Author: Shea Berkley
Links: Goodreads | Amazon | Barnes & Noble
Publication Date: April 21, 2014
The summer before Dylan Kennedy’s senior year in high school is turning out to be anything but boring. Ridiculously hot girlfriend? Check. Killing evil Dark Souls who suddenly have aspirations of taking over the magical realm of Teag because its protective spell is gone? Check. Not even Teag’s King, Dylan’s father, Baun, can stop them. People are dying, and a dark magic that his girlfriend, Kera, received from Baun is growing stronger. Dylan wants to believe Kera is suppressing the darkness that’s in her, but every day he sees that control slip just a little more.
Baun sends Dylan to find a powerful magic that stop the Dark Souls, a magic so strong that Baun hid it so no one else could use it. When Dylan doesn’t expect to find along with it, are consequences that could end the lives of those closest to him.
- Dylan. She doesn’t just like him, she loves him. He’s everything to her. Kissing him makes her bones melt.
- Magic. A magic she’s been forced to harbor. For a girl born without magic, she never dreamed she’d have this kind of power, the kind that can change everything. Giving it up won’t be easy.
- Her bow and arrows. Without them she feels bare. With them she can bring down a dragon or skewer a nasty, venomous millispit to a tree.
- Corsets. The way girls dress in the human realm is far better than what she’s been relegated to wear her whole life.
- Pux. Sometimes, she thinks the mischievous little faeries aren’t so bad, but then they turn and make a mess out of everything.
- The Seven Sisters. What they are and what they can do scares her more than any magical being she’s ever encountered.
2014 Summer Reading Challenge SIGN UPS