Author: Tim Shoemaker
Links: The Book Depository | Barnes & Noble | Amazon
Something is wrong with Cooper. He’s plagued by a fear he doesn’t understand and can’t control. Cooper just wants to escape, and a summer vacation aboard the restored cabin cruiser, The Getaway, with best friends Gordy, Hiro, and Lunk seems like the perfect way to do it. Two weeks of fun—with no mysteries or life-and-death danger. That’s the plan. But their plans are shattered the very first night when they witness a murder. Or did they? Despite their intentions of leaving the investigation to the police, narrow misses and creepy encounters lure them in. Is there really a body floating in the underwater currents of the lake? The closer they get to the truth, the deeper into danger they get. Too late they see the trap. Now each of them must face their own buried fears . . . just below the surface.
- The Wednesday Wars by Gary D. Schmidt
- Okay for Now by Gary D. Schmidt
The late Michael Kamen also has a blockbuster lineup of movie soundtracks that would be fantastic for Below the Surface. Like the overture for Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves. Or the music he composed for The Three Musketeers would work nicely.
How about Klaus Badelt and Hans Zimmer… I’m thinking Pirates of the Caribbean soundtrack here. Or John Debney with the swashbuckling score for Cutthroat Island. I’d love to hear music by John Powell… The Bourne Identity… playing for Below the Surface. When you’ve got action and suspense, there’s no end to great movie soundtracks to use as a playlist!
- Happily married for more than thirty years to Cheryl, the love of my life.
- Dad to three grown sons and two daughter-in-laws
- Elder Chairman in my church and high school small group leader
- Full time speaker and author since 2004
- Living in the greater Chicago area
- Grateful for God’s incredible grace and mercy to me in countless ways
- To be a man of integrity, who loves God and others with all my heart.
- To be an extraordinary husband to Cheryl, the wife of my youth.
- To love my sons, daughters-in-law, grandkids and extended family with everything in me.
- To impact kids and youth in ways that cause them to become true men and women of God.
- To help parents teach their kids about God and the principles He’s given us to live by.
- To help couples experience the richness that comes from a marriage guided by God.
- To help men see what a Christian man should be in all the various facets of life.
2014 Summer Reading Challenge: 6 DAYS
- 3 Copies of Below the Surface
- 1 Copy of The Code of Silence Series (Complete Set)