Links: Goodreads | Amazon
Publication Date: December 12, 2013
Two Wars, One Destiny. Seventeen-year-old Edyn Vella always knew that her strange dreams of the future made her unique, but she never knew what they meant. However, when she fails to stop her aunt's murder by an ominous vampiric creature, Edyn learns that her prophetic visions aren't the only superhuman ability she possesses.
Following her late aunt's clues, Edyn finds herself in New York City attempting to save her last surviving relative, the powerful and reclusive billionaire, Ethan Roux. Edyn not only discovers Ethan isn't exactly human, but that she is at the center of an ancient prophecy and could determine the outcome of an impending war.
As Ethan's Omega, his only human descendant, she's thrust into an enigmatic world full of new supernatural creatures where both good and evil vampires and warlocks have waged a centuries-long battle for the fate of humanity. Just as her relationship with the mysterious and handsome Brendan begins to blossom, Edyn's complicated new life quickly spirals out of control when ancient evil becomes determined on making her one of them. Edyn must discover her inner strength while making the choice between a long life without love and a potentially short life full of it.
The Bellum Prophecy is a dark, suspenseful new novel that explores the loss of innocence while coming of age in the midst of a battle between good and evil. Combining the best elements of vampire legend, the supernatural, and even magic, L. Marie Horton uses exciting action and a cutting-edge story to craft a refreshing new take on young adult fiction.
- She is very impulsive and often doesn’t think before she acts.
- She can only have visions of the future if she’s sleeping.
- She is actually older than she thinks.
- She has royal vampire blood in her veins.
- Her greatest fear is losing those she loves.
- Her favorite color is green.
- Her last name “Vella” roughly means “war."
- It was written entirely on an iPad. (Second generation)
- It’s book one of a six, maybe seven book series. Seven is my favorite number so…
- The drac assassin, Gunar is named after my dog Gunnar. She’s cute, but she’s got a mean streak in her!
- The original title was going to be “The Dark Kiss.”
- I have never been to New York City so I mapped out and described Edyn and Brendan’s movements in New York through Google Maps.
- Gabby Fleck’s apartment number “303” is the current courtroom number I appear in for my probate case and Professor Girard’s classroom number “98A” at NYU was the old courtroom number I used to appear in before it changed to 303.
- I designed Edyn’s necklace (“V” in a crescent moon), which appears on the cover. I am currently designing a new symbol for each book cover in the series.
L. Marie writes YA paranormal romance and fantasy fiction focusing on strong characters trying to overcome extraordinary obstacles in their life. Writing is an extreme passion of hers and she relishes in sharing that passion with her readers.
2014 Summer Reading Challenge SIGN UPS