Author: Marilyn Almodóvar
Links: Goodreads | Amazon | Barnes & Noble
Publication Date: May 20, 2014
Baxter Jacobs just survived the worst Sweet Sixteen in history: buried in a coffin, hunted down by assassins, and losing almost everything that mattered to her. She’s ready for some normalcy, but “normal” won’t play any part of this Time Bender’s future.
Now that the immediate threat is over, Baxter learns just how much the English Council expects of the newest Interred. The pressure has her seriously considering her uncle’s offer to take her to New York, especially since she thinks it will keep her Healer, Jack, from overusing his abilities. Knowing the New York Council’s ranks are filled with beings using dark powers, however, makes her hesitate.
Before she can choose, the decision is wrenched from her. Fissures in Time result in a new battle with an old enemy. Someone she thought she’d lost reenters her life, and she’ll discover a web of lies woven into the fabric of Time…lies only she can unravel. Baxter will have to use her growing abilities to try and reveal the truth, even if it forever changes the reality she knows.
There are lies in the fabric of Time only she can unravel.
- The Interred are few, but they are extremely powerful.
- Most of the Council’s leaders have been a part of the Interred.
- The Interred train alongside their Warriors, as every Council lives in fear of being overthrown by another.
- The Interred Ball is a monthly party. Readers and Seers are the only ones that can determined on which date the Interred will acquire their powers.
- Though there’s no training to face the Interment, the Interred always know about their family’s Magical abilities and their history.
- The nectar given to the Interred is meant to relax them, but also inhibit their reactions so they can access their abilities.
- On the night of Baxter’s Interment, Jack was told by David Gainsborough not to let Baxter fall asleep. He feared the nectar had been spiked by someone outside the English Council.
- Jack Ashdown was the first Interred who is also a Warrior in three centuries.
- Each Council has a color for their Interred. English Council = White, New York Council = Baby Blue, Italian Council = Red, French Council = Royal Blue, etc.
- Although all Councils hold an Interment Ball, only the English Council actually buries their sixteen year olds. They believe that by cutting the Interred from everything around them, they’ll be able to access their abilities at midnight without problems.
It was this love that propelled her to choose Theater and French as majors in University, with a minor in English Victorian Literature. Lyn lived for almost a decade in England followed by three years in France before returning home to the States. A self-confessed citizen of the world, she is fluent in English, French and Spanish, with basic knowledge of the Italian language.
Lyn could happily exist breathing the clean air of Narnia, trapped in a cupboard under the stairs with Harry, fighting alongside Captain Jack Sparrow, doing an internship in Torchwood, or traveling around time and space with the Doctor…as long as she can have Mr. Spock, Captain Kirk and Captain Mal as companions.
Lyn currently lives in Central Florida with her French husband, English-born eldest son, and French-born youngest son. Her debut YA Novel, Interred, was be published by Iambe books on 01/22/2013.