|Tour Banner by Irish Banana, Schedule Added by Bookwyrming Thoughts|
Author: Aimée Carter
Publication Date: February 2, 2016
A thrilling debut in the tradition of Rick Riordan and Brandon Mull about a boy who discovers a secret race of animal shape shifters.
Twelve-year-old Simon Thorn’s life has never been easy or normal, but things like being bullied at school and living in a cramped Manhattan apartment with his Uncle Darrell are nothing compared to his biggest secret: He can talk to animals.
But when his mom is suddenly kidnapped by a herd of rats, Simon finds out that he, his mom, and his uncle are all Animalgams—people born with the ability to change into an animal at will.
In search of his mom, Simon discovers the Animalgam Academy based at the Central Park Zoo. There he learns about the fractured five kingdoms that make up this secret world . . . and realizes he may be the only one who can save it.
This action-packed page-turner is perfect for fans of the Spirit Animals and The School of Good and Evil series.
Top Ten Animals Aimée Carter Would Love to Speak To (or Shapeshift Into)
- An eagle. Flying fast, avoiding traffic – who wouldn’t like this? Unless you’re afraid of heights. Then it might be rough.
- A domestic cat. Getting fed, spoiled, lying in the sun all day…there aren’t many downsides here. Maybe the hairballs. Or the way cat food probably tastes, based on smell alone.
- A wolf. Mostly because they’re pretty awesome and family-oriented.
- A Siberian tiger. Sharp fangs, claws, a gorgeous coat, and being at the top of the food chain – all good things. The being hunted part, not so much.
- A panda bear. Come on. Come on. They’re spoiled rotten. There is nothing not to like about being a panda, including going viral over a sneeze.
- A mustang. The running, the sunshine, the freedom.
- A venomous snake. Any snake will do, so long as everyone would leave me alone when I wanted a little time to myself.
- A firefly. It’d be pretty cool to have a butt that glows in the dark, just saying.
- A dolphin. Just about everyone loves dolphins, right? And getting to swim around in warm ocean waters would be excellent.
- Last but definitely not least, a mantis shrimp. In case you’re not familiar with these glorious creatures, may I introduce you to The Oatmeal: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/mantis_shrimp (a little violent, so proceed with caution)
QUEEN (#3 of The Blackcoat Rebellion) will be released on November 24th, 2015.
SIMON THORN AND THE WOLF'S DEN (#1 of the Simon Thorn series, Bloomsbury) will be released February 2, 2016.
- Three Finished Copies of Simon Thorn and the Wolf's Den
- US ONLY